45acp 230gr fmj's out of stock

cw308

I'm running out of my normal stock , I order 2000 at a time, will last around a little over a year . I guess with this virus alot of shooters are using this time reloading. Save some for me .

Good time to take up bullet casting, if you haven't already. I've found the Lee 6-cavity bullet molds in the tumble lube design work very well unresized in several of my guns.

I was noticing a lot of .40/ 10mm Bullets are out of stock too, then found the Acme lipstick bullets and they are quite economical for practice rounds.

Buck & 44
I'm shooting a Colt 1911 with a steady diet of 230gr.fmj . I was thinking of trying the Acme 175 or 185 SWC for paper only , how do the feed any issues with them?

Part of the issue is lead. The US closed its last lead smelting plant some time ago (I think during Obama's first term), a nasty carcinogenic polluting place, don't ya know...

SO US makers of all things containing lead have been getting their lead from recycle, (a bit) and from overseas suppliers. One of the big overseas suppliers was China.

With the recent disruptions in the world, and the supply chain for various raw materials, I think the bullet makers are looking at a potential shortage, temporarily, at least, and quite likely have, or will be changing how much of what they make to account for it.

And adjusting prices,

wish i seen this before i went to cabelas. there was a few 1,000 on the shelf. i have what i need for a while. inwas only starting to get short on 9mm's.

I guess I'll wait it out , I have 300+ bullets , my range is closed because of the virus co I keep checking with Precision Delta my go to practice rounds . I thank everyone for you time , Be Safe.

Chris

Chris,

When things settle down on Long Island, if you feel like a 5 - 6 hour drive to upstate NY, come on up and I'll show you just how easy it is to make your own bullets. That way you'll be self sufficient when the next crisis happens.

Don

Having grown up in the Adirondacks, it makes me chuckle to call the Finger Lakes region "upstate". :D

But, by all means, when travel and "social distance" restrictions are lifted, go for a visit and learn about casting. Having an experienced person there to teach you is an invaluable benefit.

I'm in the Long Island area too. I'm down to my last 150 bullets for 9mm. Might have some lead bullets that I casted in my younger years before wife and children.Might Have to finally use it. I ordered from RMR and they probably won't be here till late may but then again no ranges are open around here so I'm building stock. I have everything to cast 45,38 and 9mm in the garage including over 100 lbs of wheel weights. Hopefully don't have to resort to that.

Back