.454 Question

MichaelD

Inactive
I looking to buy a .454 soon. I know the FA would be the one to get but thats out of my price range. I was thinking of getting the .454 Raging Bull form Taurus. What are your guys thoughts on this gun?: :D

If it was me, I'd look around for a used FA. I picked up a slightly used 7 1/2 inch field grade a couple of years ago for $800. Since it's almost impossible to wear out an FA under normal use, new or used doesn't make all that much difference! JMHO, JayCee.

MickaelD
FWIT....I recently bought a Taurus R.B.44 mag 8 3/8 in barrel thru a dealer id'ed by "Davidson" here in the Las Vegas area. Paid Davidson's sales price about $520 incl Tax. With the Taurus newly designed hand grip I can go about 75 rds at a session without losing my grip and getting tired. Although I would like a slightly larger grip.

Shoot mainly from a sand bag rest, and "some" freehand, 50-75 yards.

I like the guns accuracy, but dislike having to clean the port holes in the barrel. I'm making my way thru a short list of stainless cleaning "stuff"

I've had a Ruger SRH for four or five months, and have fired about 600 rounds. It's very accurate, but does require a lot of concentration to shoot because of the weight and the recoil.

Overall I'm very pleased with mine

Back