.454 Casull, Chambers out of round

TGS

When first unloading my new Raging Bull I notice major expansion of the cases. 300 gr as well as 260gr. They would not just eject. I used a nylon punch and had to tap a little to loosen them. I examined the cases and noticed they were about .001 - .0015 out of round. Not too concerned but I noticed that the chambers had not "cleaned up" during the final boring operation (reamed) which ever. There is a "half ring" like inadequate finishing stock or the holding fixture used to finish bore the chambers was not concentric to the chamber circle.
I then turned a nylon bushing that allowed me to firmly push an "empty" into and realigned the bushing and noticed that the rim was not square to the case o.d. .006 - .008.
This seems extreme to me. I know the pressures are high but Ive never seen brass with rims so out of square to the dia after firing. I see no way of correcting this in my reloading process. The condition is consistant with all empties. The accuracy of the initial 100 round fired was less than 1" at 100 feet (33 yds) (average was .870). But what do I do about the tweeked brass? Im going to call Taurus in the morning and hear what they have to say. Im guess the Cylinder face at the rim end isnt square to the chambers. I dont think I like that thought.

Back