4513 TSW - Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAK

My brother just decided to join the ranks of those of us that wear blue 40 hours a week. His department will be issuing him a S&W 4506 (w/ 185gr+P Hydra-Shok)for duty carry. I want to get him an academy graduation gift and am thinking about the 4513 TSW as an off-duty gun for his use. I would like to hear your opinions/experiences with this gun.

------------------
El Cid '89

It should be a fine gift. I've shot one quite a bit with no problems at all and since it works just like the duty gun it should be a natural for him. I carried one for awhile before going back to an old Commander.

I examined the 4513. I was surprised at how good it was... That would make a fine gift. If I was your brother - I would be most pleased.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Thanks for the input. Does the 4513 accept the longer mags for the 4506?

------------------
El Cid '89

Yes, the 4513 does take the longer 8 shot mags. I happen to like the tsw a lot. In fact it is what I really would like to get for a ccw gun, but I just can't justify the cost right now. (gonna be a dad) Your brother could have the best of both worlds, matching big and little guns. Same method of operation, and carry the big mags for backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back