.45 super hunting experiences

Lkyjoker86

Inactive
I recently aquired a Para Expert fullsize. It is my edc and I am going to hunt with it. I have upgraded it with required parts for .45 Super (extra power main and firing pin springs, flat firing pin stop, FLGR, and 24 lbs recoil sping with a 20 on standby, heavier mag springs, and a shokbuff). Waiting on variety of ammo to get here (underwood, buffalo bor, double tap). But I would like to hear/see experiences with this setup. I cannot shoot over 60 yards where I hunt and it is really thick/swampy. I have considered 460 rowland but I deemed it not necessary for where I hunt. No threating 4 legged predators to worry about. If I like it I will reload for it. I want this to be my primary hunting weapon.

Oh if anyone has a Para Expert could you suggest any adjustable sights? I am pretty sure the front sight is novak with gi cut in rear. I know they are hard to find.

If the front sight is a stock Para cut it's not a Novak.
If the rear sight is the small GI type your slide can be milled for a number of different type rear sights.
As for recoil spring the 20lb should be heavy enough.
If you need extra recoil springs give me a call I'm selling them at dealer cost, the number is on my website.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Back