45 Mags are 9mm please ident

Paul Fitz Jones

Well I finally unwrapped one of the cosmolined paper wrapped magazines I got in trade at a gun show in the early 70's represented to be 45's turned out to be 9mm. I never unwrapped one to use in my 45 so was really surprised when asked for a description of an unwrapped one. There is a full description on my other post with measurements and printing.

Any identification will be appreciated as to what they may fit. They look standard to me with the exception of being extremely heavy duty. 13 ounces worth. I will try to get a pic of them:confused: :confused:

STEn mags are very common, so that's my guess. From what you posted it's hard to be sure.

I suggest you go to the Tapco website at www.tapco.com and look at STEn mags there. If they look similar, maybe that's what you have.

Thanks

From what I can see mine look like that. Mine looks brand new including the main body and the follower. But the top reinforcing piece pf metal and the base plate are pitted but no wear marks anywhere like the one I opened was made new with two pieces of slightly pitted metal. Were the Brits hard up for metal during W2?? It has never been inserted in a weapon as the blueing is perfect???

I have over a dozen wrapped and have a few rubber top sleeves also in a small crate made of wire wrapped thin wood slats.

Anyone know what all they fit nowadays? I would really appreciate a list or will try the source you gave me.

Thanks JP

If they are STEn mags they fit STEns, of course. There are conversions available so various MACs, and MAC clones, can use them.

Some US made 9mm subguns and their semi clones were also designed to use the plentiful STEn mags.

You don't have any mags for the .45 Ingram M6 lying around do you? I'd be interested in picking some of those up if the price was good.

Back