.45 liberator pistol

No the liberator isnt an NFA item but they are hard to find, expensive, literally HURT to shoot and some are of dubious shootable status after 50-60 years.

SW

what if i made my own? would it have to be nonfuction or can it be operational? if i can i would probly make it a .22 i dont know why i just think they are cool.

Making a Liberator like the original would be difficult. First, buy a million bucks or so worth of metal stamping, punching and spot welding machinery...

There are thousands of ways to make what used to be called "zip guns", using common materials. But they are not Liberators.

Jim

If you can get some good pics or loan of a pistol, you might be able to have a good carver make one out of wood. It shouldn't be too hard and would do for display.

Jim

Original Liberator pistols are title I firearms, even though they have a smooth bore. The ATF has removed them from the NFA. Now if you manufactured your own Liberator pistol today, it would either need to have a rifled barrel or be registered as an AOW, because it wouldn't be an original Liberator.

Back