$45 for a 13 round Ramline Beretta 96 mag - yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich I

What is happening to SoCal? I went to the Crossroads of the West gun show today and one of the things I went to look for was a hi-cap mag for a Beretta 96. I didn't really expect to find one but part of the fun for me is the search. :) I understand the law of supply and demand but $45 for anything made by Ramline? Give me a break. The sad thing is, I almost considered buying the POS. When sanity returned, I put down the mag and said no thank you. Later on in the day I found a couple eight-round Pachmayr mags for a SIG P220 and the price was two for $30. This I could handle. I even had them throw in an a 17 round Glock clone mag just because they work great in my Kel-Tec Sub-9, but that's another story.
Along those same lines, I couldn't believe how many crummy AR-15 mags that were for sale. $25 for a 30 round no-name AR mag that went for $12 at the beginning of the year. I'm glad I stocked-up on Thermolds and USGI mags well before this SB-23 situation. :)
The funny thing is, there are otherwise rationale gun-owners buying things they normally wouldn't buy. While at an outdoor range a few weeks back another gun-owner was talking to me about scopes when he asked about my AR. As the conversation went on, he mentioned that he ordered a Bushmaster from his local gun-store but it was seriously back-ordered. He then said that he never really wanted an AR-15 but ordered one because they were being banned. This person's story is very familiar. There are plenty of newbies over at AR15.com from California that are looking to buy their first AR-15 because they won't be able to buy them after 1/1/2000.
Instead of getting assault weapons off of the streets, SB-23 has markedly increased the number of assault weapons in California. It appears that this same logic can be applied to hi-cap mags here.
Oops, I strayed off the topic. I guess my point is for people in CA to stop buying things they don't need. Seriously, would you rather have one 13 round Ramline Beretta 96 mag or three eight-round Pachmayr SIG P220 mags - for the same price? I would never, ever trust my life on a Ramline mag, whereas I would have much more confidence in a Pachmayr mag. Eight round or thirteen round capacity is meaningless if your gun jams.

Later,
Rich

nice to know my stash of Ramline hicap Beretta 96 mags is worth $45 each! :)

Now, if I put a +2 on them, and add a standard spring, they could be worth $80!

:)

[Link to invalid post]

We have that hypocrite Feinswine to thank for all this nonsense. Gee, I wish I was a Senator who was sworn in as a Deputy US Marshal so I can pack a piece nationwide.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

BTW, in its current catalog Georgia Arms offers new Beretta 96 factory pre-ban hi-caps for $49.95 each, plus shipping. I got a couple of them. They're as advertised--made in Italy by Beretta.

A pre-ban Beretta 96 factory mag holds 11 rounds, so it's "high capacity" by only one round. That's not much of a difference. But, to me, the political incorrectness of the pre-ban mag is worth something in itself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back