.45 Colt Anaconda

SmokepoleOne

Inactive
Anyone seen or know of the whereabouts for sale of a .45 Colt Anaconda in 4" or 6" version? I've been looking for a couple of months and can only find .44's. SmokepoleOne.

Not so, glockten....

I owned a 45LC Anaconda with a 4" barrel. It was only made in 4" format for a couple of years and I wish I had it back because it is and will be kind of rare.

Smoke, you might keep an eye on the Gun List. They have online classifieds at:
http://www.collectit.net/classifieds/index.shtml
Just type in Anaconda and select The Gun List from the drop-down box. I checked and they only have 44Mag models listed at this time.

Anaconda .45 Colt

Thanks guys. So far on Gunsamerica I have found 3 of them in .45 Colt. I'm communicating with one of the shops now. Do you know how strong these guns are? I have a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt that I hunt with and my pet load is 18.5 gr. of AA-9 with a 250 gr. Hornady HP/XTP. Very accurate load at 1275 from a 4 5/8" barrel. Ruger takes this load with no problem. I wonder if the Anaconda can?

Anaconda .45 Colt

Glockten: I have to thank you for putting me onto the gunsamerica site. I bought a six inch .45 today from one of the sites. Gotta great price on it and it's virtually new. I hope it shoots as well as my Ruger! Do you handload?

Here's one for the books. I found a deal today on the .45 Colt Anaconda I was looking for. I live in California and the dealer I was working with is out of state. I went to a local shop to arrange the transfer through his FFL and found out I can't buy the Colt because it's not on the "approved" gun list by the California DOJ! Imagine, it's one of the better guns made (or was made), and with our new (Jan 1, 2001) law all handguns must pass a stringent set of safety tests by an independant laboratory sanctioned by the state. The manufacturers/importers must foot the bill for this to the tune of $1500.00 to $2,000.00 per gun "model" with no guarantee that each gun will pass and they don't get their money back either. I was told that the reason the Anaconda isn't on the list because it's no longer manufactured so why spend the money on it. (Thanks Colt again for taking care of the civilian market!)
It seems the only way I can get one is to find one from a private party already in California. I guess "Big Brother is here for good and in control......

I also owned a 4-inch .45 LC Anaconda for a while. It was a very well-made and good-looking revolver. I traded it away for a S&W .45 LC Mountain Gun. Although I'm glad to have the Smith, the Anaconda is near the top of my too-long list of dumb trades. Bummer.

Also in 8" (customer has one).

NOT as strong as Redhawk, but close, and cylinder is long enough to accept some of the heavier bullets.

Back