45 Colt ....45 LOOONNNGGGG Colt with Bullseye

Lavan

Ordinarily I would use a different powder.
With current conditions of shortages of everything, what I ...have... is 185 gr HBWC bullets and Bullseye powder.

Is there a satisfactory load for the 45 Colt with 185 gr bullet and Bullseye powder?

Don't need power.
Or extreme accuracy.
REASONABLE accuracy and going BANG is what I'd like to do.

If possible.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Ordinarily I would use a different powder.
With current conditions of shortages of everything, what I ...have... is 185 gr HBWC bullets and Bullseye powder.

Is there a satisfactory load for the 45 Colt with 185 gr bullet and Bullseye powder?

Don't need power.
Or extreme accuracy.
REASONABLE accuracy and going BANG is what I'd like to do.

If possible.

Thanks in advance.

:)
check here use 200 data as starting point looks like 7 grains should go bang for ya

https://www.alliantpowder.com/reloa...owderlist.aspx&type=1&powderid=1&cartridge=36

Light charges of fast powders in big cases tends to yield erratic results.
That being said, I used bulleye in 45 colt when I had no other choice.
If I recall I used 200 GS SWC lead bullets intended for 45 ACP, and 7.0 gr. I was getting just under 900 fps out of a 5.5 " barrel.

I don't use much Bullseye because I'm a believer in the visual check of powder levels in the loading block between charging and bullet seating.
Small charges in big cases make it really easy to miss a double charge.
Thats more of a comment on my process than it is on the merits of Bullseye.

I like sufficient charge bulk that a double charge is obvious.

Thats beside the point. I am not an expert on powders, or Bullseye. I won't disagree with the advice above.

Certainly a lot of 45 ACP target loads have been launched with Bullseye.

Bullet length and seating depth make a difference with combustion chamber volume. Maybe wadcutters seated flush with the case mouth would help make the 45 Colt "Shorter"

I wonder if Starline has any 45 Schofield brass in stock.

Back