45 Cal Witness P..... Anygood?

FireForged

Hi gang.. I was wondering if anyone can give me some info on this pistol. I have a chance to buy one at a very good price and would like to know if it is a "good gun". Info on what type of ammo it likes or dislikes will be helpful also.. Thanks in advance.

------------------

I like mine quite a bit and the price was right. Its not very fussy about ammo types but it is VERY fussy about which magazine I stick in the handle. The mags that came with the gun (8 round) are perfectly reliable and I have never had a single stoppage while using them with ball ammo or hollow point (federal and winchester silver's). I bought a coulpe 10 rounders which are not flush fit and the slide will occasionally stay locked back after you fire the first round in the chamber. It will also occasionally fail to chamber a round when you insert a full mag and press the slide release (the slide won't move forward). But again, if I stick to the mags that I know work, I never have a problem. Accuracy is almost as good as my SIG P229 although the trigger pull is no where near as smooth. Recoil is a piece of cake and not significantly more noticable than the .40.

[This message has been edited by Piggy (edited January 14, 2000).]

I have the standard all steel 10 shot 45 Witness, and the one I have works great. So far, I have not had any failures of any kind. I have only shot 230 gr fmj and hp ammo, so I don't have any experience to pass along about any other types. I have 2 factory mags, and 1 Mecgar mag. All feed great, except the Mecgar dosen't fall completely free like the factory mags do. I am quite satisfied with the value and operation of the one I bought.

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

FireForged, What do you consider to be a very good price. I found a new one at a local gun shop for $ 335.00, was just wondering how good this is. Thanks Rod Black

Back