45 auto recommendations

sandbagger

Inactive
Need some suggestions for a 45 suitable for someone with small hands. I currently have a Glock 19 that fits me quite well. I have tried the large frame Glocks but they don't fit me very well. Sound off with your recommendations!
Thanks,
Sandbagger

My wife shoots a full-sized 1911 and she has small hands. What has helped her quite a bit are the thin grips from Chip McCormick. I use them as well. For me, it allows me to reach the slide release and mag release with my thumb without significantly changing my grip. For my wife, it meant being able to have a solid grip and ride the safety as well.

If you like Glock, stay with it

Have you tried the G36? Being a single stack, I think the grip is fairly close in overall reach to a G19.

I also agree on the 1911. But if you want something other than a single-action, the Ruger P97 is a great gun for the money. And like Stretch said, the G36 is also a good choice, more money though.

if you can live with a smaller glock that fits your hand you gotta try the g-36 single stack

if you like DA/SA, i really liked the EAA witness w/10 rds, i somthimes carry a sig 220 but the grip is noticabley larger

if you are willing to learn to handle "condition 1", you can't go wrong with a kimber, i like the CDP compact

Hello. The 1911 design's received some recommendations. I'd go with the Kimber Classic 5" gun as mine's served very well and is a lot of gun for the money. Best.

I have a Kimber Ultry Carry CDP and it is great. However, I carry and shoot my compact Sig 245 more often. Definitely worth a look and not a gun for a guy with big hands.

I'll go with Stephen on the kimber classic. I love mine, very nice pistol for the money. Another suggestion unless it is for carry would be a firestar .45.They are kinda heavy. The grip seems smaller than my kimber. I have one and it is built rock solid, nice single action trigger, accurate and reliable. You can find them on the gun auctions for about $250.

Before you jump ship with the Kimber, try other 1911s as well. I have short, thick hands, and find their grip safety uncomfortable. I prefer a flat grip safey, or a Wilson's beavertail like on the Springfield Loaded.

I have somewhat small hands and I have carried a Para-Ord 14-45 LDA as a duty weapon for over a year now and love it.

A .45ACP for folks with small hands. . .

I'd go with the ASAI onePRO .45. A CZ75 that ran into a Sig P220 series in a dark alley. The onePRO offers a great trigger pull in both modes-6lbs DA and 2.75lbs SA for mine, 10+1 and a short trigger reach.

CDNN has them on sale at $449. I picked mine up a year ago and it cost me in the neighborhood of $600.

The only complaint of the onePRO is that it does NOT like aluminum cased ammo. Okay one more, outside of Blade Tech (who now has a mold for the onePRO) there's no real holsters made specifically for the onePRO. I am using a Blade-Tech belt holster or an Uncle Mike's Convertible Askin's style belt scabbard.

The 1911s are nice (I love my Para P12), but for trigger reach the onePRO is the way to go. Hey, I'm rappin' there! :D

Derek

Concur with Denfoote, Like that Glock 30. Also would look at the GLock 36, slimmer but only 6+1 where as the 30 gives ya the full 10

Back