.45 ACP to .400 Corbon Conversion

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
Is this difficult? I'm thinking about having my Les Baer Concept III converted to .400 Corbon. I have 15 1911 in .45 ACP and one .38 Super. I want to shoot something different. Is it worth the conversion? What's the rough cost?

For you shooters out there, how does the .400 Corbon stack up in accuracy compared to the .45? How is it for a defensive pistol?

Thanks!

------------------
Son
1911 Addiction
"The tree of liberty will grow only when watered by the blood of tyrants."

I believe that the 400 corbon is a necked down 45 round, for that reason your current magazines should work fine. The 400 corbon is a better performer on paper, time will tell if it is manstopper. The 400 corbon conversion is very similar to the 40 cal to 357sig conversion, barrel change only. You already know ED BROWN's products, he sells a drop in conversion. Ammo is hard to find unless you shoot corbon all the time, reloading may prove interesting.

mdc

ArmySon, Markie's right. The .400 Cor-Bon is a necked down .45ACP and the standard mags do work with it. You just need to change out the barrel. I've built .400s for folks in all sizes of 1911s. The ammo is readily available from Cor-Bon. The accuracy is there if I do my part just like with the .45. Recoil is a bit heavier. For defense it should be very good as well as accurate for target shooting. George

Back