.45-70 NEF Handi-Rifle

JL Hunnicutt

Anyone have one of these? How's the accuracy? How does it handle cast bullets? A local gun shop has one of these in "as-new" condition...not a mark on it w/a Cabela's 3x9x32 variable for $199.00. I have no idea what the new price is and whether this is a good deal. Thank you.

JL,
I have a one with the Buffalo Classic 32 inch heavy barrel. They are a great deal of a rifle. Shoots very accurate with anything I feed it. I have some mild recoiling reloads with 405grn lead that it really likes. Strong action that will handle marlin loads. Just for kicks I picked up one of the Surviver stocks with the compartments in it. It looks very interesting and I get a lot of comments like "where the heck do you get something like that??"

That sounds like a pretty good deal. You won't be disappointed.

------------------
lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate

[This message has been edited by freefinkelmann (edited October 16, 1999).]

I really like my 45/70 as well.Where did you get this stock?Also a little more info about it please. Bert

JL,

That's a good price, especially in mint condition. I would expect to pay about another $100 or a bit more for what you're getting.

Of course, one will always tend to find much better deals-especially with slightly "odd" guns- used, than if you ordered it yourself. I think you'll like it. If not, email me!

thumbhole_stock_store-arm_forend.jpg>

[This message has been edited by Spectre (edited October 23, 1999).]

Back