440 Corbon Pistols

GI Joe

I'm looking for another hand cannon and was thinking about one of these. I have a 50 AE Desert Eagle, 454 Casull Raging Bull, LAR Grizzly 45 Win Mag, and Super Blackhawk in 44 Magnum. I believe Magnum Research makes one in this caliber, but it lists for well over $1200 and one Desert Eagle is enough. I saw that Galena Industries (makers of the Automag pistols) advertises one on their website. Does any other company make one? And, how does the 440 Corbon compare to the above calibers? Thanks.

Holy Sh*T batman! Got a thing for major handgun rounds? I say get the conversion for the DE. That's the only logical thing I can think of for a man with so much firepower. I've heard that the 440 has the same muzzle energy at 100yds as the 44mag has at the muzzle.

THE 44O CORBON

Shoots 240's at 1900fps;
260's at 1700fps;
305's at 1550fps;
all from a 10" DE
The AMT AUTOMAG V IN 440 IS A SLICK PISTOL, MUCH SMALLER THAN THE DESERT EAGLE, AND HANDLES LIKE A CHAMP IN MY MEDIUM SIZED PAWS. The two I've fired were accurate as all gitout too. One of them had a titanium nitrate coated slide that was truly neater'n a skeeter's peter.
There are also the single shot pistols made in 440 C/B.

You can get the 440 Corbon barrel for your Desert Eagle. Since your gun is a 50 A.E. (despite which model) a new XIX barrel will fit it. The 440 Corbon also uses the same magazine as the 50 A.E..

Unless you just want to get another gun.

re: 440 Corbon pistols

Son of HK:

Yes, Boy Wonder ;) I do have a thing for big bores and exotic assault weapons like Calicos, Thompsons, and TEC9's. I hope those things work because if not, I'll have to bring out the heavy stuff ;). Anyway, how is the recoil on that Automag pistol? I would imagine it would clear the cobwebs. Of course, the 440 barrel for the DE would be cheaper and recoil, I'm sure, would be felt less in the gas-operated DE.

Back