.44 mag EAA Bounty Hunter

Z Factor

I'm considering a trade for an EAA Bounty Hunter in .44 mag , 7 and 1/2 in barrel. Doing my due diligence and harvesting opinions, pro and con for this piece, Anyone's experiences would be greatly appreciated, as I know there is a wealth of knowledge out there, thanks in advance. Be safe and shoot straight.

I watch these on gunbroker and they used to sell for $300 a year or more ago. Last two that recently sold, one last week, have brought $400. I think they’re a $300 gun. They have an aluminum grip frame and ejector rod housing that looses its finish easily. Lesser quality than an Italian clone, but you can’t get those in 44 magnum. Twenty years ago a few guys bought 357 versions for cowboy action shooting because they only cost about $250 and they worked adequately for that activity. I love all things 44 mag so I would own one, but I wouldn’t pay/ trade more than 3 bills for one.

It has a transfer bar ignition reportedly licensed from Ruger. Not much in the way of aftermarket parts like grips or spring kits. I don’t hear a lot of good reports on EAA customer service but you may never need support.

It has a transfer bar ignition reportedly licensed from Ruger. Not much in the way of aftermarket parts like grips or spring kits. I don’t hear a lot of good reports on EAA customer service but you may never need support.

Why would they need to license that from Ruger? Not Ruger's invention. Prior art goes back to to Iver Johnson a century ago.

Back