.44 info

link2662

Inactive
ok i just purchesed a .44 muzzle loader and i cant ffind any info on it, it looks just like the remington New Model Army .44 cal. but on the barrle it says "Hawes Fireams Co. Los Angeles Calif" and on the other side of the barrel it says ".44 cal. new army model made in italy"

so if anyone knows about this revolver it would be great to find about it!

thanks

Yep:
I've seen them around but I'm not real familiar with their particulars. Hawes was making a Remington New model Army clone back in the late sixties, early seventies. I believe that they were offered in both steel and brass framed versions. In fact it was reading a magazine article on C&B revolvers back in this era that first sparked my interest in shooting percussion revolvers. The Hawes was one of the revolvers featured in that article along with a Lyman and a couple of other early reproduction C&B revolvers. I believe that the article appeared in Argosy magazine back in 1969 or 1970. Hawes later made Colt SAA clones that were produced in Germany I believe by JP Sauer and Sohn. I'm not sure of the maker of the Hawes C&B revolvers might have been early Uberti repro's.

Thats an easy one Link. Remington #10 percussion caps have always worked best for my Cap & Ball revolvers. I recommend them highly. You should be able to find them where ever supplies for blackpowder shooting are sold. You'r best bet for bullets would be either the Hornady or Speer Swaged roundballs in .454 diameter. And these guns shoot their best with Real blackpowder rather than the substitutes.

Back