44 cal. colt anaconda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickster

Can anyone tell me about the 44 cal. colt anaconda. This is a nice gun, been highly polished,shot about 20 times, warranty card still in box. I can buy it for 400.00 is this a good price, is it also a good gun! Thanks Nickster!

I too just found an Anaconda for sale, at a lower price than what Nickster found. It is in very good + condition, in fact, it is hard to tell any difference between it and the new one on the shelf next to it. I have been thinking about a .44 for some time now, but was leaning more towards a Ruger as a good used one at a reasonable price is usually available somewhere in my area. Form those that have shot both, which do you prefer, and why?
thanks,
B

rugers are heavy duty rudies that you can shoot very hot stuff in, but i have found my anaconda with a six inch barrel to work just as well.
its a real pussycat in 44special,which is what i taught my 14 year old son and 17 year old daughter on.
i moved them up to some 44 mags and they did just find.
so much for the dreaded 44 mag.
i also have a s&w mountain gun in 44 mag that is a joy to shoot in 44 special and a bear to shoot in 44 mag. now thats recoil!
in reality you can about do it all with either a ruger(very sturdy),an anaconda,(sturdy and refined)or a s&w 29 or 629.(refined,sturdy and cool!)
my advice? buy them all!

The internal lockwork of the Anaconda is very much like the modern Colt Trooper or the new Detective Special. Gone are the rebound lever with its shelf which operated the fishtail bolt (cylinder stop). Despite this step towards modernization, Colt has done a very credible job in offering a good trigger pull.

The lockwork on these newer guns works very much like a S&W. Unlike the Colt Python, problems are very easy to diagnose and resolve. Finding competent servicing for the Anaconda is much easier then.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back