.410 rifled barrel

tatters

Ok. Here's the deal.
You guys pretty well laughed at me when I asked where to get a .410 rifled barrel for my Mossberg 500.
Now I hear Indiana may be going to the .410
for deer season. Any ideas?

Thanks

------------------
"How about a kiss for your cousin Dupree"

I didn't even snicker, Tatters, but now I might weep.

I've seen, and had to track down and finish off a few deer that were shot with pistol calibers. The 410 falls into those same energy levels. Except for precisely placed hits, they do not kill quickly enough to be humane in many cases.Besides being unnecessarily cruel, that means many more lost deer.

Check this, if all that was legal to hunt deer with was the 410, I'd give up deer hunting. As an ethical hunter, I have to give a fast, nearly painless death.So do you....

Oh yes, I agree. The faster the kill, the better I feel, even with varmints.
Shot placement, while always critical, would be an even bigger issue, imo, with a .410. In the post I mentioned, all I wanted was
a source for a rifled barrel.

Thanks for not laughing Dave!

------------------
"How about a kiss for your cousin Dupree"

You're welcome, Tatters. You might try E R Shaw for a bbl. I doubt they make one but if anyone does, they'll know...

Tatters, NEF makes a rifled .45 Colt/.410 combo. If you absolutely had to use this for deer, I'd use the .45 Colt option. The .45 Colt would be a more accurate and effective cartridge than the .410 slug.

Regards! DaMan

Back