.410 gage pistol shells

NiteSite

Okay, I don't own a.410 shotgun. But my notes indicate it _may_ be possible for 41 mag pistol ammo to fit the shotgun. Probably bery unsafe, but do they fit? Somewhere, I recall some caliber pistol ammo does fit a shotgun. Or do I have it bass akwards? What fits what?

------------------

It is the .45 Colt that "can" be chambered in a .410. The Thompson/Center Contender has a barrel that shoots both. I have a few .410 SG's and would not even think of shooting a .45 Colt through them.

NJW in AZ

Yes, the .45 Colt sounds vaguely familiar regarding fit. But, why is it that a .452 dia slug fits a .410 barrel? Ome of the diameters I am reading is off. That's why I can't seem to grasp what reality is. Also, I seem to recall something else that works. Yes? No?

------------------

I've seen a O/U pistol that shoots .22 over and .410/.45 Long Colt under. I don't know but I doubt that the .410 or .45 LC are interchangeable except in firearms designed for it.

Shok

There is a Derringer-type pistol out there somewhere, a boot gun realy. It has two long over/under crome barrels and a black plastic grip. It is chambered for .45 colt and .410ga at the same time, either ammuntition type being acceptable in either chamber.
This would be a good weapon for using .410 000buck in.

Hey, Kodiac. You remember this gun?

The pistol you are probably thinking of is built as a single shot, double barrel, an over/under 22/45 and possibly other variations. It is marked "FMJ DUCKTOWN TN"
I see them at gun shows but I don't know who stocks them.

Back