41 magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury

Hi,
I would like to get a Taurus 41 magnum. I have a Smith 629 with a 4" barrel. How do they compare in recoil with hot loads?

Fury,

I have no experience with the Taurus .41 gun(s), but I honestly could tell little difference in a 4" Smith .41 Mag and a 4" Model 629 as far as recoil was concerned. One of the reasons perceived recoil might be higher in .44's is because, traditionally, the .41 is loaded with lighter bullets, which result in less felt recoil in most instances.

I have owned a Taurus m-415 for several months now,and im very pleased with it. it has the same recoil as my taurus 605 firing 158 grain 38 special +p. the ribber grips and porting really works. muzzle flash is something to behold.and could be a problem at night,you could get blinded some. recovery on target is very good, firing winchester 175-gr silvertip,which is a good defence round. Its very hot and humid down here in florida, but i have no problem leagaly carrying concealed with a inside the waist holster all day . the only downside is i cannot find any speedloaders or speedstrips made for this handcannon.

Fury, I have a friend in Arlington, Kansas
who is a .41 Magnum expert, his handle on
the gun forums is "REDDOG". You may wish
to contact him, as he shhot's several Smith
& Wesson Model 57/657's a lot.

------------------
Ala Dan

Thanks to all of you for responding. :) Now I gotta go order it from my local shop. I held one of em, but someone else bought it. Thanks again.

I'm fairly dying to get one of the 4" .41 Total Ti Trackers...

Does anyone know what a good price would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back