.41 Magnum Choices?

Nightcrawler

What choices are there in .41 Magnum revolvers? Here are the ones I know of.

Taurus Tracker (5-shot)

Taurus 415 (5-shot)

Dan Wesson 41/741 6-shot large frame

Is that it?

I'd suggest that you look up the Lew Horton web site.

For reasons that are obvious to all, the appeal of S&W revolvers has dropped off dramatically. Lew Horton has a S&W Performance Center 41 magnum on which they have substantially lowered the price. All the PC guns are extremely well made. Now they are even a good buy. I know that recommending a Smith will REALLY piss some of you off. Still they are good guns. The Smith management can go to hell as far as I'm concerned but their guns are good. I'd recommend that you give it serious considereation.

Ruger Redhawk in .41 Magnum? Not according to the Ruger Website or catalog. I don't recall seeing a Vaquero in .41, either, and the only finish the Blackhawk is available in is blue. No stainless .41 Blackhawk, apparently.

What is the Lew Horton website?

I kinda like either the W-W Silvertip OR the Georgia Arms' 170-gr. JHP "Defence Load"...according to their catalog, 1200 fps...I know it's a PUSSYCAT in my 6&1/2 inch barreled 657 "Classic Hunter"!!!....mikey357

Freedom Arms makes a 41 Magnum and so does Gary Reeder. Smith & Wesson makes four models (three are from the Performance Center). But why on earth would you want to spend big bucks on a cartridge that is making its way out the door? Ammunition is expensive and becoming harder to find.

Gabriel

Being that I had a 4" S&W model 57 as my
very first magnum; I guess I could stand
another one.:D If not, then give me a
Ruger Redhawk.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Nightcrawler,
The pawn shop in my town has a Ruger Redhawk in .41 mag. He is asking $325 for it (it's about 80% condition). Then again, that's seems to be his beginning price for everything.

I am quite happy with my 657 7 1/2". A little practice I was hitting a steel plate at 100 yards consistently with it and iron sights.

.41 Mag is just "different" enough to strike my fancy. Also, I was aware that S&W makes several .41 Magnum models, but, frankly, they don't count anymore.

I'd probably get the Dan Wesson, with the 4" full underlug barrel and smooth cylinder. Maybe the Taurus for carry later on.

Back