.41 mag Taurus titanium

gunorthopod

Does anyone out there have a Taurus Titanium Tracker in .41 magnum with 4" barrel (ported)?Shooting 30 rounds at a time is all I can take.The trigger guard raps my second knuckle during recoil hard enough to cause a signicant flinch due to the expectation of pain.I have to take an improper grip with my dominant hand to prevent this..revolver barrel no longer in line with my forearm.Any good ideas?

That is a handful of a gun you have there. You may want to investigate a different set of grips, but I can't help you specifically in that area. I think that's the best chance you have.

justinr1

Although I do not have this problem with the Taurus, I do with the T/C and heavy loads.
I wear a pair of leather shooting gloves when shooting the T/C and that solves it.

With the Taurus, I shoot Silvertips or my cowboy reloads; not any heavy loads. The T/C sees the really heavy stuff. Th Ti revolvers just are not for the heavy stuff; they are for lots of carry. IMHO

It seems to be a common problem. My .41 is steel, which seems to be more controlable, but I still feel the impact on my finger. I read a review from one of the gun rags that mentioned that as about the only negative of the gun. I haven't looked for alternate grips, it's not that big a problem for me.

Back