41 mag is dead. What to do with 58's?

Rusty S

Is the cylinder large enough to rechamber to 44 mag or 45 colt? If so, can I still find blue barrels in 4 or 5 inch? Perfection would be a new cylinder in 45 acp/ar, but what about the ridge below the frame window on the left that supports the back of the cylinder when fully open and pushing on the ejector rod? 45 colt would be second choice, 44 mag 3rd choice.

I'm afraid cheapest thing would be to sell and buy a used 25-2 and have it shortened.

Almost forgot: does anyone still rebore? I've heard LaBounty only does rifle bbls anymore. Is there anyone else or would LaBounty be willing to set up for a run of 3 58's?

[This message has been edited by Rusty S (edited July 23, 2000).]

RustyS,
Sell me that old rusty, junky no good M58 and go get a 25-5 with the proceeds.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it,nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

WHO SAID THE 41 was DEAD!!! You'll find a hoarde of people who handload who would beg to differ. The 41 is NOT dead and most certainly alive and kicking. Heck, you'll be most of the way towards a new gun if you try to rebarrel and rechamber it. Just sell it to the highest bidder (auctionarms) and get one you like better.

Back