40sw to 357sig 45acp to 400 corbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

house

I am new to ths 357 sig and the 400 corbon. I know people say all i need is the drop in barrle but i am worried about wear and tear from the more powerfull cartridge. Should you change your springs in your gun or are they right and all i need is to replace the barrle and not have to worry about anything.
thanks for all your help guys.

It depends on the weapon involved. Several Sigs, for example, are DESIGNED to accept both the .40 S&W and the .357 Sig with ONLY a drop-in barrel change. The Sig P-226 is the identical pistol (barrel excepted) in .357 Sig and .40 S&W, but not in 9mm.

House:

I sent e-mail to Corbon and actually received an answer from Peter Pi. My concern was the .400CB out of my P220.

According to Pi, no problem. They had run thousands of rounds of .400 CB through a 220 fitted with a Barsto bbl, with no ill effect.

Like RWK, I already have a 226 in .357 SIG...great shooter. No problems with this weapon.

Mike

I just got home from firing a hundred rounds or so of .400 Cor-Bon through my Glock 21. I've also experienced a Kb with my previous Glock 21, shooting .400 Cor-Bon.

I carry factory loads, but only shoot my reloads at the range. It's important (per Peter Pi) to cannelure your bullets, and apply a firm crimp.

I use a compensated Accu-Match barrel with a Wolff guide rod and 20# spring. Without the comp. 24# wouldn't be excessive.

I've probably shot three or four thousand rounds of .400 Cor-Bon through my two G21's. (That includes the one that I blew up)

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

[This message has been edited by WalterGAII (edited November 08, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back