40mm... I feel better.

PTK

I just brought home my new 40mm grenade launcher made by Penn Arms - it's a single shot 40mm launcher, folding stock, 12" barrel. :)

gl1401nv9.jpg

gl1402vi3.jpg

When folded, it's about 19" overall, so it's pretty compact. It weighs about six pounds unloaded, so it's light (to me).

At this point, I just have ghost ring sights on it, but since it has a full length rail I may well put an ACOG or similar on there. For now, irons are my friend.

Anyway, while I was at the range test-firing it, I took a few quick videos for those who haven't seen one of these in action.

Vid 1
Vid 2
Vid 3

Before anyone asks, yes, it's registered as a DD. :p

an ACOG would be a huge waste on a 40 mm launcher due to the trajectory of the ammo for it. If you want accurate round placement, I'd suggest finding a quadrant sight. I've only fired military rounds through a M203 so maybe you've got some kind of whizbang thing I never heard of, but I can't even imagine how you could engage a target at variable ranges with a scope and 40 mm rounds.

VUPDblue

As soon as you have a 40mm and take video of it, you can tell me how to edit my videos ;)

My LMT M203 is inbound as we speak...vids to follow ASAP.
The kicker here is that I bought the '203 specifically to use the Beehive rounds in...:eek:

Very good! I decided on this style over the M203 style for a higher margin of safety. M203s tend to shred if they blow, while this style is beefier and sort of peels apart.

CHALK. ROUND.

I even said that in video #2. Chalk round.

If you'd like to see a bigger explosion, by all means, forward me $400 for the HEDP cartridge, $200 for the tax, $100 for the dealer fee, and $800 for the storage magazine. I'll film myself shooting it and getting the hell behind a brick wall. Someone else can film the explosion.

Those chalk rounds, if they are similar to the military rounds, are orange chalk.

HEDP? I assume you mean HE and not HEDP. The HEDP round is a whole different beast. They are used in the Mk 19 GL. and are capable of penetrating 2 inches of homogeneous steel,also they have a range of 2200 meters, unlike the 400 meter range of the standard HE round. HEDP would likely blow that launcher to pieces.

Never mind, my mistake, I wasn't aware that they have created a new type of HEDP.

Last edited:
Slugthrower - HE rounds are more than $400 when you can find them, I found HEDP for $400 each, but again, TOO EXPENSIVE.

It would have to be something much further away than at that range - that's about 60 yards away. Fragments + short range = casualty.

Back