.404 sizer dies

dunerjeff

Does anybody make a 40cal sizer that sizes to .404? I have three Beretta 40 S&W barrels and all of them measure .4025 to .4035,and when trying to shoot normal .401 lead I have poor accuracy and leading problems.Even using plated bullets they were hard to get good,consistant groups,now I know why.

I would take a Lee push thru sizer and up size it. A dowel rod and the appropriate fine grit sand paper/emory cloth should do the ticket. Roll it back and forth on your thigh, checking the size periodically. Good luck!

the biggest problem I think is getting cast bullets big enough to size that big without a special oversize die.I can take a Lee or RCBS sizer to work and cylindrical grind it if needed I guess,but now I need bullets that are bigger.I think a new aftermarket barrel or two is needed or shoot only jacketed( which do shoot good,but not as good as my XDM)

It's easy to beagle a mold to get bigger bullets.

The Cast Boolit forum is all over it, but what you're basically doing is putting aluminum tape between the mold halves. Linky to the .pdf file here.

Sticky at the Cast Boolits forum here.

Once you have your bullets as big as you want them, size them to the size you require. You can either have a stock sizing die opened up, or you can ask Lee to make one whatever size you want. They charge $30.00 for the sizer. LINKY HERE.

Back