.400 Corbon and .357 Sig questions

legacy38

I was reading ont he Corbon website about their .400 Corbon ammo. They stated that this was a low pressure round.

One of the drawbacks that I see with the .40 S&W round is the higher in-chamber pressure.

Is the .357 Sig a high in-chamber pressure round? Are the bbls for the Glock .357 Sigs supported chambers? Do there tend to be many kabooms with the .357 Sig?

How do those of you that use the .400 Corbon like it?

legacy38,
I have shot just enuf 400corbon to want to put a pistol around the 400corbon 1911 barrel I have. Ive probably only shot 50 or so rounds of 357 sig and it gets your attention too, although I dont know of the pressures. on the 400 corbon I put a heavier spring in to help reduce damage to the frame.....I really like that caliber..fubsy.

I own two threaded, compensated, .400 Cor-Bon Compensated barrels for my G21; one threaded, compensated .400 Cor-Bon barrel for my 70 Series Gold Cup.

I've reloaded and fired probably four or five-thousand rounds of .400 Cor-Bons through my G21; only a couple of hundred rounds through the newer 1911.

I really enjoy the .400 Cor-Bon, now that I've figured out how to reload for it. I wouldn't reload one bullet that wasn't cannelured. On the Glock 21, you have to use the new, 10-rd. mags. .400 Cor-Bon will not feed reliably out of the double-stack hi-caps.

I'm using 160gr. West Coast plated bullets, and AA #5 and AA#7. With the #7, I'm getting a lot of unburned powder residue with standard primers. Will try with magnum primers.

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

Back