400 Cor-bon bbl for Glock 30

highpower

Inactive
Has anybody tried this conversion yet?

What has been your experience, good or bad?

Is the 400 Cor-bon too powerful for the subcompact G30?

Ok, let me start by confessing that I know NOTHING about the ballistics of the 400 Cor Bon.

I still have to ask the question: why not just get the 10 mm Glock 29? Or is the 400 Cor Bon round even more powerful than 10mm?

I have used 400 Corbon in both my G30 and my G21. It is not bad at all. I bought a Sprico heavy duty spring for my 30 and she handles them fine. I'm really wanting to try the new 450SMC's though that Triton is coming out with. They are much hotter than 400 Corbon....

10MM is cool but with a G30/21 you get the advantage of 45ACP and other cals with just a barrel/and or a spring change.....That flexibility you don't get with a 10mm. I'm shootin' 40Super outta my G21 now and those are righteous

Head over to the Glocktalk forum and look in the Big Dawg area, you will find tons of info and posting on all of the cals you can shoot outta the 30/21 guns

Rock-n-Glock gave em a killer deal on a threaded Accu-Match .45ACP barrel for my trusty G21. I drilled out an Accu-Match .400 Cor-Bon compensator that I had laying around and it works fine on the .45 barrel. I'm shooting 45 Super out of it and will load up some .450SMC, as soon as the brass is available.

I use an extended, ported Federal barrel for shooting .400 Cor-Bon out of my G30. Never had a misfeed. One caveat: You can't use your G30 mag. You have to use a Klintonista G21 mag, for firing the bottlenecks. (That goes for the G30 and the G21.)

Actually,

With 10mm, you get all that versatility without changing barrels, springs or even cartridge cases. 135gr to 220gr, 850fps to 1800fps, 350fpe to 900+fpe, all with one caliber. ;)

automainea,
In a word? Yes. And check your capslock key; it'll be over on the lefthand side of your keyboard.

Back