.40 sub compat springfiled xd

Ram972

I just got a new hand gun, I shot guns before but I have never actually own one. My question is what kind of supplies do I need and what are the steps to keep it clean. Please help!!!!

Keep it simple go to Academy and buy some hoppes # 9 solvent and lubricating oil. Some people even use car oil like Mobil 1.

I love mine. Very easy to field strip and maintain.

A simple cleaning kit will have everything you need.

100_1943.jpg

Just go to a sporting goods store and get a basic pistol cleaning kit with rods, patches, attachments, lubrication, solvent, etc.
~$10

I'd also invest in a can of spray solvent. It is really good at flushing out grime. ~$8

Also most basic kits do not come with a barrel brush that fits your pistol. I'd get a nylon or some other synthetic type of .40 cal brush. I don't get the brass brushes because they are too uni-purpose and cannot be used on all barrel types. The synthetic brushes you can use universally.
~$1

Optionally you can get a set of brushes and pics in the same aisle to scrub the frame and slide for about
~$3.

I just got my first rifle it is expensive. You need all the gun cleaning, the extra mags, the defense ammo, the plinking ammo, good goggles(if you shoot outdoors) yeah i got hoppes #9 and Hoppes for dry lube.

Back