.40 single action

Malpaso

I'm looking for a .40 single action gun to shoot bullseye with. I know that Browning makes a Hi-Power in this caliber but I can't find one anywhere. Also Para Ordinance makes a small frame, but I'm looking for a full size one. Any model out there I don't know about?

I believe Para Ordinance makes a full size single action 40. The P16-40

------------------
johnnyb
A slow hit beats a fast miss.

I believe Para Ordinance makes a full size single action 40. The P16-40

------------------
johnnyb
A slow hit beats a fast miss.

Malpaso,

Why do you want to shoot bullseye with a .40?

I've thought about it myself, but only as a stunt to show people that the .40 S&W can be an accurate round. Since a .40 can't be used in the .45 match of a 2700, it doesn't make much sense to use one just for Centerfire.

Good points Matt. I'm not planning on competitive centerfire bullseye, just some friendly Wednesday night matches at my club. I compete in .22 Bullseye, and during the summer off season some of the guys bring their .45s and we shoot a match of each. The reason I chose the .40 is that I've been shooting a Glock .40 for years (just sold it) and have thousands of rounds made up for it. I don't want to start loading another caliber. I know if I get serious I will need to go to the .45. Thanks.

I know that you can order a .40 S&W 1911-style pistol from Rock River Arms that should be very accurate, but that would cost $1200. I've heard of .40 S&W Kimbers, too, but I doubt that you'd be able to find one.

How about getting a 10mm Colt and converting it to .40 S&W with a new barrel?

Back