4" Ruger .357 Vaquero

popeye

Saw a SS gun like this with star embossed on white grips for $499. I like it but seems kinds high. Ruger prices are way up around here. Any sources for something like this for less money?

What you're probably seeing was one of the limited-production 3.75" barrel .357 "Sheriff's Models". Those were the first. The second "Sheriff's Model" series was in .45LC, while the current 3rd series is .45LC with a factory bird's-head grip (rumored to be the Qualitas grip frame).

All of the factory Sheriff's guns tend to command premium prices.

I was able to compare the "heft" of the .357 3.75" barrel gun with a normal 4.75" .45LC Vaquero. Surprisingly, they felt identical in overall "heft" and "nose-weight". Apparantly the big-bore left less barrel/cylinder metal. I'm now mainly interested in scoring a 4.75" .45LC/.45ACP Vaquero, which is a rare off-catalog variant.

Thanks for info. I may buy it. Funny thing......Most of my major appliances (TV, Fridge, washer, are their last legs, and need replacement. I can never find the dough for it. But a gun, thats another story.

Back