4 barrel BP pistol

GaNightTrain

Inactive
This one has sat on a shelf for at least 25 years. I have little info on it, other than what you see and a serial number of "04961 P". Any thoughts on it's make, model, or value?

Attachments

• 08 4 Barrel BP pistol wood handle TFL.jpg
    08 4 Barrel BP pistol wood handle TFL.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 100
yeah a re-pop. You can see the handle is unfinished and needs to be rounded off. Doesnt look like its been shot at all. I'd get it cleaned up, oiled, finish the grip and have fun.

That is without a doubt a Classic Arms pepperbox. Made and marketed by Classic Arms. They are the pinnacle of absolute junk guns. In my opinion they wouldn't even make a good bumper on a Yugo. I purchased one of those when they first came out back in the '70's. I paid money up front to Classic Arms and was put on a waiting list for delivery. The wait was about a year and a half. Absolute garbage.:mad: You could use it for a fishing weight or landfill.:cool:

+1 on what Double Deuce Said.
Although I probably wouldn't have put it quite that way, then again I was never the victim of actually paying good money for one.

I have one of the boot pistols. Great for 4th of July. 15gr BP and a paper wad. Nice boom. Also have one of the brass snake eyes. My dad bought it around 1980 and never put it together. Just so you know, they have their uses. Not junk, just not much to them. They work.

Psst! Don't give the instructors at my school any ideas. They picked a junk gun (Tradition Trapper) for us to assemble. It wasn't assembling the gun inasmuch as it was the skills we were to learn while assembling it. Mine was particularly bad (ramrod hole off and it had to be re-drilled, poorly inletted barrel (too high and had to be lowered). My classmates ran into less problems.

Best thing about it was that we had to make our own V springs.:D

a gunsmith school should easily be able to build a 80% built kit gun from Traditions :D

I hear Bill works at the machine shop now? I sure miss him at his gun shop. The guys there nailed me $120 to remove 2 broken studs out of a BP shotgun barrel and install new screws. Thank goodness the barrel was rare enough to swallow it easier.

Back