" 4 Aces"

Rayobiwan

Inactive
About 5 years ago I aquired a tiny derringer which has the following stamped on the left side "4 Aces". ERL SVENDSEN FA MFG. Co. & Itasca, Ill USA.

On the right side is stamped 22 SHORT STD VEL. ONLY & the # 1930.

Does anyone know anything about this gun?

It belonged to my mother for many years.

Thanks,
Rayobiwan

They were made by Mr. Svendsen in the 1960s-early 1970s. In the early 1970s, he came out with a .22 lr version. There was a single shot "Little Ace" and a "Pony" revolver also. Svensen owned the Hunter's Lodge gun store.
The little guns are collectors items now. Value is dependent upon condition, but can run up to a couple of hundred dollars. Use standard velocity ammunition, or CB caps, if you shoot it. High speed shorts will damage the undebarrel lug.
I bought mine in 1972, and my serial number is 377X, so your is earlier.

Svendsen L'il Ace.

I see information on this little pistol manufactured by Erl Svendsen every now and then and am curious about additional insights. Admittedly, this little gun is more of a curiosity piece and a trinket, than it is a legitimate firearm.

Although I am not the original owner, I acquired SERIAL #1 and #2 as a matched pair over 30 years ago. They are unfired and new in their original boxes, complete with internal and external labels and the original packing paper. A few years later, I picked up #7914 and #6632 of the Four Aces design in day two are in their original boxes.

I attend the large Wahenmacher Gun show in Tulsa twice a year and have yet to see any of the individual guns being sold. I did, however, find one regular dealer who has managed to accumulate what may be the largest known collection of these little guns. Although they were not for sale, he had an exhibit of approximately 50 or 60 of them I would guess.

If anybody happens to know more about Svensen, I would be interested in any information available. Thanks!

Back