3D Printed Colt 1911

Last I heard, the antis were demanding that 3D printers be restricted, with a federal license required to own one and anyone having software capable of printing a gun be arrested and his printer confiscated. According to the press report, millions of people could turn out functioning (and untraceable) guns in a few minutes.

Sounds like just another excuse to harass and intimidate gun owners.

Jim

James K wrote:

Last I heard, the antis were demanding that 3D printers be restricted, with a federal license required to own one and anyone having software capable of printing a gun be arrested and his printer confiscated. According to the press report, millions of people could turn out functioning (and untraceable) guns in a few minutes.

Sounds like just another excuse to harass and intimidate gun owners.

Re your closing observation sounds about right, though any number of people would put it in less polite terminology.

The horror. I mean obviously if one has one of these they will be churning out belt fed death machines by the thousands.

I mean hell Home Depot and Lowes. Plumbing departments have been responsible for like eleventy billion Stens or not. Must be due to the complexity of the Sten mechanism vs these 3d printed things. :rolleyes:

I swear if these folks spent a 10th of their poutrage energy on real solutions to the root causes of you know actual crime and all we would be left with jaywalkers and flashers as our biggest problem.

Back