38spl 130gr +P HST micro from speed loader

TxFlyFish

Does this new HST with the bullet seated flush in the case work well with speed loaders...compared to Hornady’s FTX which has a more pointy profile?

"...bullet seated flush..." So does a WC. That JHP is similar to the old, old bullet, whose name I forget, that was a WC with the Hydra-Shok stem.
Using that bullet only means you'd probably have to wiggle and jiggle the loader some as the pointier bullets like an SWC, create a self-funneling effect a WC doesn't. So the 'speed' won't be fast.

"...bullet seated flush..." So does a WC. That JHP is similar to the old, old bullet, whose name I forget, that was a WC with the Hydra-Shok stem.
Using that bullet only means you'd probably have to wiggle and jiggle the loader some as the pointier bullets like an SWC, create a self-funneling effect a WC doesn't. So the 'speed' won't be fast.
Yea that’s what I was worried about...it’s shorter overall compared to regular 38 round and those HST should sit up straighter. I’m just guessing no idea if this is an issue in practice

I shot a lot of wadcutters in PPC and the reload was not a problem in the time available.
Faster shooting as for USPSA and IDPA, they hamper the reload.
I have started an IDPA stage with wadcutters in the gun but roundnose in speedloaders on the belt for reloads.

If I particularly liked the submerged HSTs I would carry them in the gun, but something ogival for a hasty reload in the unlikely event of a sustained firefight.

Like Jim says, it's about the time available. Otherwise, it doesn't make any difference. You're still putting the 5 or 6 rounds in all at once.
+P ammo isn't exactly what you'd want for any kind of shooting game anyway. If you can't deal with whatever you need to while defending you or your's with 5 or 6 rounds, a reload isn't going to help.

Back