.38acp Ammunition

B. Lahey

I need a box or two of .38 "smokeless rimless" (.38 auto). OWS is backordered and Precision Cartridge has a 1,000 round minimum order. That's far more than I need, at least until I get a few more olde Colts.

Anyone know where I could pick up a small quantity?

sounds like an exellent excuse to start reloading.you can use 38 super brass just be sure to use data for 38 auto not super.

I will start reloading eventually, I've even started saving brass and reading about the process, but right now I don't have the time or even a place to do it.

In no way would I assume that 38 Super made today is downloaded to be safe in older 38 ACP handguns. There are FAR more 38 Super handguns in the world than 38 ACP handguns - the older 38 was found to be anemic early on and the Super round was then developed.

If you can not find any 38 ACP ammo by the end of the week, let me know. I have a few boxes of older Kynoch ammo laying around.

George,
No one loads .38 Super to "Super" levels except Corbon and DoubleTap. All the rest are pretty mild by "Super" standards of 130g bullet at 1300FPS.

Most are in the 1150 or so FPS with a 125 or 130g bullet. Not .38 Auto, I know, but still mild loads.

The link I gave to Grafs has actual .38 Auto loaded ammo, not .38 Super.

Back