.380 Shotgun ***not ***a pistol

TXAZ

Any of you have or had a .380 Shotgun long gun?
They are / were supposedly a popular substitute for a .410 shotgun in the UK.

Kinda like how air guns are substitute for actual firearms over there now? I've never heard of a .380 shotgun, sounds like it would be a good training took if .410 wasn't a thing.

Well, couldn't find a .380 shot shell but there were several 9MM rounds. .360 Center fire ( Similar to the 9MM ), 9.1X40MM, 9MM Rim Fire and last but not least the 9MM Center Fire. The British liked to use small low power firearms as " Rook" guns or also called garden guns I believe a Rook is a Blackbird ( too lazy to look it up ). Done went and looked it up, a Rook is a type of crow.:)

Saw a really cute Benelli 9mm autoloading shotgun at a pawn shop in Florida back in the 80s. They wanted $95.00 for it. Wish I had bought it now. Talk about a neat little shotgun!

Also, .380 in the UK is a rimmed revolver round based on the .38 short Colt. A 9MM Flobert shot shell is a very short rimmed cartridge..

I've never heard of a .380 shotshell, but I have heard of the .360, which is apparently the British version of a 9mm rimfire shotshell that was popular in Europe.

I really want a .22 mag garden gun.

Will 22 hornet or 17HMR do instead?

hw_cont.m52p14g14.jpg

hw_cont.m52p14g15.jpg

hw_cont.m52p14g6.jpg

Only weighs 1Kg - 2.2# - smallest double rifle in the world

Don't know why you'd need that thing. A Roger American Rimfire or 10/22 would do that task 10x better and cost 10x less, ptobably. Plus you're not restricted to 2 barrels.

You have a lot to learn about some things young grasshopper........;)

If you need more than two shots, you need more practice

Actually the cost is closer to 350X cheaper........... especially with that engraving

Last edited:
In our gardens and fields and shops, if there's one varmint, you can almost bet there will be more. When we do have varmints. I'd also feel a lot better carrying around a $350 rifle that performs the same if not better. One scratch on something like that thing. ...phew. that'd be more of a wall hanger than a legitimate tool.
My question, why take the chance with two barrels when you can have 10 rounds in a magazine? :D

And that folks, is why they make different flavors of ice cream, of course I have never under stood the reason of making any flavor other than Black Walnut or Coffee.:D

Why are they [9mm Flobert shotshells] brass cased? Is that a European thing?

They are rimfire, so it's probably easier and cheaper to just make a solid brass case than try to make such a tiny rimfire base / body combination.

Back