.380 pocket pistols

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGunn

Am I the only individual honest enough to say here among the "big boys/girls", "Hey, I've got a .380acp and carry it quite often as a primary sidearm"

I know it is not popular to carry a .380acp or admit that you actually like the little thing, but I do. I think my little Bersa series 95 is one of the nicest .380's on the market. The trigger is smooth, it's reliable, and the little thing is darned accurate to 25 yds.

I just thought this would be a good little discussion (I haven't seen it yet). Plus, I get to glean more great info from the wise in this forum.

So, do you own one?
Do you like the thing?
what ammo do you load?
what kind of weapon is it?

Thanks everybody,

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

[This message has been edited by PeterGunn (edited September 02, 1999).]

I don't own one but the ballistics
are better , than that from a two
inch .38special snubnose revolver
(standard load). Higher foot/pounds
(energy) and higher velocity (fps).

------------------
I got a short temper so watch it!

newer model HsC mauser made in italy. nice little auto pistol and also have a makarov in .380 too. damn fine shooter's. oh yeah am using fed. hydra-shok's

.380 Hell, I've been having a great time lately with a .32acp ppk/s. :) It don't get much wimpier than that.

------------------
TJS

Greetings, sir. About 20 years ago, a .380acp saved my bacon when three would-be armed robbers chose me for their next victim in a deserted multi-level hospital parking lot about 2AM. I was very glad to have had it. Best.

I frequently carry a Sig P230, loaded with Federal Hydra-Shoks. It has proven to be an extremely reliable and accurate pistol. Carrying a .380 is much better than leaving your .45 at home.

My wife wants a new gun. She currently has a 38sp Snubnose(?sp) and we have been looking at 380's I like the size and they seem to have a little less recol than a 9mm of the same size or her 38. We have been looking at the colt pocketlite or the mustang. We test fired a pocketlite but did not like the DAO triger. we both have revolvers and normaly cock them before fireing. But on the other hand the mustang has a single action triger and I do not like the ideal of cocked and locked or haveing to rack the slide. She did not like the beretta with the flip up barrel. Anyone have any sugestions?

I'm a huge fan of the .45 ACP,and carry that caliber whenever I can. When I can't, I carry a Colt Pony .380 or a NAA Guardian .32 (depending on my dress). I firmly believe that if you can place your shot accurately, caliber isn't much of an issue.

------------------
DAH BIG DAWG'S ON DUTY

My Walther PP .380 is my primary home-defense weapon. Why, when I have several other "bigger guns" in 9mm, .45, 12 gauge, 20 gauge, .223, .243 , 300 WinMag, .357 Rem.Max?
I guess because in my home, I don't expect to be taking shots longer than about 7 yards. I've had the PP the longest, and feel most comfortable with it. Its the smallest gun I've got, and it fits very nicely on the middle shelf of my nightstand, sheathed in beautiful Bianchi gunleather. 7+1 rounds is more than I expect to need (Ok I have two more mags there...but consider it overkill). Mags are loaded staggered with Glasers and CorBons.
If ever I am going to be carrying a concealed weapon (after all the proper paperwork, of course), it will most likely be my #1 choice, mostly due to its size.

[This message has been edited by Sambonator (edited September 02, 1999).]

Have got a AMT 380 backup. I take it when ultimate concealment is needed. It hides real well and has a DAO setup. Is nicely accurate to 7-10 yards. Use magsafe and Corbons in it. Otherwise,I carry a G27 in 357Sig (changeable barrel) or my Paraordnance P10 45.

I've got two - a SIG 232 and a Beretta 85. Both are accurate and reliable, and I go back and forth as to which one I like better. The SIG is lighter, and therefore a bit snappier with a bit more muzzle flip, but it's the more accurate of the two. OTOH, the Beretta is flatter and conceals a bit better. Both are real easy to just drop in a pocket and go. I use either Hydra shoks or Corbons, and occasionally Fiocchis.
M2

I usually carry a Lightweight Commander, So when I decided to get a small auto for the hot sweaty summers we have here, it was natural for me to go for the Colt Mustang. I like it alot. I carry it IWB and it just disappears under a t-shirt. Recoil is light and accuracy is amazingly good.
I put in the Scott/McDougal trigger and guide rod (I hate plastic parts) and it has been 100% reliable. I feed it Hydra-shoks since these are the most accurate in it.
Did I say I like it, Shoot, I LOVE that little sucker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back