.38 CASUL

Shin-Tao

This new cartridge is exactly what I have been wishing someone would make. Now if he'd use a 90grn slug I'd be happy.
I even like the long-slide 1911 patern pistol engineered for it.
I hope this catches on and differeant loads and pistols become available.
Imagine an HK USC rechambered for this round.

(.38 CASUL=45ACP+P necked down to .356)

I know, I know. its to bad this thing won't likely take off. What an awesome manstopper! I wouldn't mind carrying a SIG 220 stainless with a Casull conversion.

GHB

Wouldn't A .460 Rowland be more effective in A 1911? It would have .44Mag performance in A 1911 body even a Compact carry model. I would like to see the .38 Casul Cartrage.

Well, yeah. .460 would be great. But It depends what theory of damage you support. Calibre and grainage, or Velocity.

Those guys on GlockTalk seem to have forgotten the "other" .308 bullets, the Sierra 85gr softpoint, as well as the Hornady 95gr XTP hollow point, both of which I drive over 1600fps out of my 7.62x25 CZ-52. Which means that the higher case-capacity .30 Armco should have no trouble really slinging them well over 2000fps out of the pictured 1911 barrel, if the powder charge can be somewhat efficiently used in that 5".

And here I was getting all goosy to build a 7.62x25 1911 variant...

hello...

as i recall the .38 casul sells for about $2500.00... seems to me a better deal to convert a .45 acp to .40 super... springs and barrel should be around $200... the .40 super will drive a 135gr slug to 1800fps... switch barrels and shoot .45 super/450smc as well as .45acp... not bad............ and cheap... (grin)

have a good evening...

regards... v.

I would think his name is

____ Casull for some of these inane ideas.

Reinventing the wheel is right. Buy a Winchester 30-30 and have something you can really reach out and touch something with.

Shin-Tao

Saw the 38 Casull at Shot Show and I was pretty impressed. The overall quality is excellent. They will be manufacturing the gun with a six inch barrel for now and will be followed by a five inch gun in the very near future. The gun is quite expensive, as already mentioned and the thirty pound spring does make is difficult to rack the slide for those with weak hands. It is a very nice gun for someone looking for that unique firearm for the range and conversation.

Robert

Back