38-40

BARman

I'm woundering how much a winchester model 1892 38-40 tube fed lever action would bring or be worth in todays market.???? the serial num is 479849

i wouldn't say it is mint condition but it is real good condition by my standards but some one else might think different. the stock has some minor dings in it

yes it still has bluing and i'm pretty sure it is a carbine. how do u load pics to this web site or give me ur email and i could try and send u the pics

Load them up to a web host like photobucket. Copy the image tag and paste it in your message text.

I'm no expert, don't even have a recent bluebook but IMHO a realistic real world price for a carbine with more original blue than not would be around 1100-1800. Considerably less if it's been reblued.

well one problem i hav a web blocker on my computer and it bands photobucket so if u were to send me a pm with your email i'll send u som pictures of it.

On this site, you don't need Photobucket or any other photo area. Just go to "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" and do a browse on your computer. If the picture is in jpg or jpeg, just click on it, click on "UPLOAD" and the file will be uploaded to this site. That is what I just did with the cartridge picture below.

Jim

Attachments

• 50-70-2.jpg
    50-70-2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 25
Here's a few of the pics he sent me. Round barrel rifle.

38-404.jpg

38-40loadingside.jpg

38-402.jpg

38-40stock.jpg

38-40barrel2.jpg

the long mark you see on the stock is't very deep a slight indentation the wood in that area is just darker I don't know why but it is.

Back