.376 Steyr

Milehi

Does anyone here have any experience with the new .376 Steyr cartridge? Is your rifle the scout or prohunter? Seems like it may be a good bear and elk cartridge out to 200 yds, and easy to carry.

i have the pro hunter. it shoots about like the .338 win mag.if you would like to have one coverted to a suedo scout we can install the ashley front scout base on it.you can even retain the original sights for a back up.we charge $250 for installation of the ashley base.that gives you one hell of a value for a styer scout.mine shoots about 1.5 inches at 100 yards with the factory hornady ammo.i believe once i get my dies it will shoot much better.i also have a prohunter in 3006 with factory 180 gr partitions that will shoot into 1/2.it has not been tuned.i just got lucky.we have also rebarreled a couple of customers old magnum rifles to this new caliber.one of which was a winchester 70.it was origonally a 300 win mag.we installed a hart ss barrel and reamed it out to the .376.the owner of this rifle says that it will shoot into a 3/4 group with his pet handload.i see a lot of promise for this new cartridge if will just catch on.i suspect that the major gunmakers will not allow it to catch on in fear that it will give styer a foothold in the market place however.

Back