.357 sig?????

Texas Department of Public Safety. Closest thing we could get to match the performance and reliablity of our old .357 Magnums and still keep the "gotta have a fifty gadzillion round capacity" guys happy. Funny thing. A lot of the guys pushing for auto pistols in the field never bothered putting the time and effort into practicing with what we were carrying. They are also many of the same that show up with their Sigs in such deploreable shape these days. Human nature, I suppose?

Take care and God bless,
Paladin

Paladin,

From your post it sounds as if you are with the Texas DPS. I'm kind of curious about how it has performed in the wound ballistics arena? I was perusing a gun rag the other day and read an Ayoob article. He mentioned Texas and the .357 Sig, and that it had been very effective. The thing which bothered me was that he quoted someone who said that (I hope I'm not seriously misquoting here) sujects reacted like they were hit by lightening. Something like that, anyways the tone of the quote was that subjects gave a visible reaction when hit with the .357 Sig much better than with the 9mm. The only thing is that I'm not aware of any handgun round that is guaranteed to produce a visible reaction. I've seen footage of a guy who was gutshot with a .45 and kept arguing with the officer. (Though, I didn't see the impact.) How exactly has the .357 Sig performed.

I suppose I should qualify my position, so you don't think I'm trying to set you up. I personally have discarded the Marsahll/Sanow OSS and follow the Fackler crowd. I'm still interested in anecdotal evidence, not statistics, and as with just about everything, I take it with a grain of salt. Ever since a bad experince I had with Ayoob on a wound ballistics question, I don't put a lot of confidence in anything he says on that issue.

Chuck

"The significant problems we face, cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
~Albert Einstein

Back