.357 Ruger Vaquero

ZVP

In my opnion this is about the best trail/Self Defense/ plinker revolvers on todays market!
it is very caliber The revolver is very versitile, shooting squib .38's to full house Magnums. it can fit under several hats giving it's owner a broad spread of uses! From trail "pal" to Bear Busster, the Vaquero fitseverywhere!
Mine is a 4 5/8 barreled version that carries out of the way in a 1880's style holster.
I especally like the size of the "New Model Vaquero" it's a lot smaller much like the Colt PeacemakerThe stainless steel cleans up real easilly!
A really well made handgun
1 I have found that +P ammo is about perfect for the revolver! Plenty of power and not overlly loud.
For the price. a real value!
ZVP

I have one in .45 LC

I agree with your comments on quality and versatility.

I like the bigger round but I don't have a real reason. It may very wel have to do with where you are going into the woods. In some places .357. is enough. In others, one might be more confident with the bigger slug.

Last edited:
I agree that the Vaqueros can fill a lot of needs. My problem is that every time I get one it ends up being used to cowboy action. My guns don't pull double duty, so once they go down that road they are there for good. Or until I end up not shooting cowboy anymore, which isn't likely.

Back