357 Federal Hydra Shoks and Speer Gold Dot

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamster

Was wondering if Federal makes the Hydra-Shoks chambered for the .357 SIG (125 gr). I've seen the regular Federal Premium (without the post inside the hollowpoint cavity which the Hydra Shoks have), but can't seem to find the hydra shok version in any store or mail order company. Do they only offer the Federal Premium without the Hydra Shok bullet in .357 SIG?
Also, what does the "Gold Dot" bullet do in the Speer Gold Dots? HOw are they different from other hollowpoints?
Which of these two are better in the .357 SIG?

ok here I go, the Speer Gold Dot is a bonded core hollow point which means the jacket will not seperate from the core, they retain almost the weight. I myself would use the Gold dots because Speer seems to losd there ammo hotter than Federal in fact Federal loads there on the LOW side. hope that helps

------------------
G17 THE BEST THERE IS.THE BEST THERE WAS,THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!

The "dot" comes from a rather unique process wherein they "bump" the jacket into the cavity.

The Speer boys came to Denton Co. and put on a demo for some law enforcement here, and impressed a lot of guys putting theirs against HydraShock, Black Talon, etc. The most dramatic demo was when they fired them through auto safety glass, and only the Gold Dot did not separate. Don't remember the caliber they used for that, but I suspect 'twas 9mm.

I would really like to see that 135 grain HS bullet they use in the 9mm PDA in 357 SIG! Say at about 1250 fps? Or the 124 HS at 1350? Or 147 at 1150?

------------------
>>>>---->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back