357 favorite round

handgun357

I just love the 357 magnum round. Knockdown power and can reload for cheap. I just can't shoot enough. Just when I think I'm done shooting, something say "Just one more box".
It is also my deer pistol !!

listen.. try to shoot .22 with an accurate rifle with a good scope.. you may cure your self from the adiction of .357 mag

Tho' the 9mm is what my centerfire pistols are chambered for, the .357 Mag is my one and only centerfire revolver cartridge.

They are both at the top of the heap for me. :D

Seems like I've always had a 357 maggie around somewhere.:) It's just one great calibre. Been around along time, versatile, powerful and you can have it in small guns or big guns. At present, the only one I have is a S&W mod 28 Highway Patrolman with a 4" barrel. I like the concept of the 357 mag round in a large revolver. Sure does make shootin' easy with just about any load. Most of the finish was worn off when I got it so I re-finished it with Brownells Teflon/Moly bake-on stuff. It looked great for awhile but now the finish is starting to flake off in spots. Oh well. It's a nice project gun. Any suggestions on what finish to try next? Good Shootin', J. Parker

Simply the Best

I, too, love the .357 magnum. GP-100s and S&W 627s now in the locker and -- if Colt ever returns to superb quality -- perhaps a new production Python or two (as Jeff reported from the Shot Show).

We have all heard the inadequacies of only six rounds and of wheel-guns in general, but top-quality .357 magnum revolvers will continue to be a "world class standard of comparison" in personal defense. Like Sam, my favorite is 9x32.

Back