.357 AND .22 revolver

ohen cepel

In a book the other day I saw a prototype of a survival revolver made during Vietnam.
It was a .357 with a .22 barrel over it. The .22 rounds were in between the .357 holes. Looked to be 6 rds. of each.
Has anyone else read about this? Might be complicated to make however metals have gotten much better over the years.

If the 10 rd law stays in effect I think revolvers could really shine.

Why not a 10 rd 32HR Mag in Ti. Big, but max rounds for the law.

Just love revolvers so I hope they continue going strong.

:D

I haven't heard of that revolver but it does sound interesting. I don't know how practical a 10 round revolver would be though. Imagine the widthof the cylinder. I think the most sensible high-capacity revolvers out there are the Taurus M94 (9 rounds of 22LR) and the Taurus M941 (8 rounds of 22WMR).

M94.gif
M941.gif

Of course, if you go to a large frame, you can get the Taurus M608 (8 rounds of 357 Magnum).

m608.gif

Moderators: If I used too many graphics, feel free to reduce them to URL's or remove them altogether. I will not take offense.

A 10 round revo... It's like looking at a... well I can't say drum as one member commented on the taurus M608. That was my first choice when I bought a revolver but the cylinder was just too big for me so I change my mind on the last minute. Too bad I wanted a .357. I bought a Taurus M827 (7 rounds) 38 spl.

vega

I'm not an engineer but I would think you MAY be able to get 10 rds of 32 Mag into a full size .44 cylinder. Not really smart enough to do the math though and without a weapon to measure not sure if it could be done or not.

Just think it would be a good night stand gun for the future once hi caps really dry up.

I would be huge though.

Back