.357 & .44 Mag Ammo??

MP-44

Does anyone know if there company that sells reasonably priced full power ammo with heavy hard cast bullets for those two rounds?

.357mag HC= Cor-bon or Gray Area(WeShoot2)

.44mag HC= Cor-bon, Garrett, Federal(yes, I like them), Gray Area, Buffalo Bore.

Federal 300gr HC is probably the cheapest @ 19.95 for 20, but I like the results I have had with it. I am not sure how the bullets will hold up in bone, haven't shot anything with them yet.

You get what you pay for and the small companies are worth the extra few bucks. Practice with cheap stuff, hunt with the best.

For the .44s, Garrett (http://www.garrettcartridges.com/) sells cartridges that are very effective, and Buffalo Bore may too, but I'm not sure if you'll find them "reasonably priced." Federal sells a Premium grade hunting cartridge in .44 with a large cast bullet that's a lot less expensive, but not quite the same performance.

Thanks for the replies.
I wanted an enconomical hard cast that would come close to duplcating the trajectory of the premium bullets that I would be using for hunting.

You must not reload. Too bad! It's very easy to load EXCELLENT ammo like you desire. Especially if you cast your own bullets.

Back