.357 & .44 Cal bullets

ciwsguy

Anyone finding these in stock at any of the bullet manufacture sites? Either cast or jacketed? Seems bullets for these two calibers have become as scarce as primers and powder lately.
If you have recently purchased some, where did you find them?

I found quite a few .357 bullets recently simply by asking on line if anyone had any to sell. I had several offers and the asking prices were quite fair. I believe in each case someone was simply trying to help a fellow shooter out. Today I received a box of 500 .357 JHP bullets, enough to last me a little while. If you need some bad, post an ad for “WTB” and see what happens. Not everyone’s a scalper. I just sold a guy 4,000 primers for what I paid for them. I had a big supply and he didn’t have any. Never hurts to ask, Good luck.

Have been buying acme coated bullets from local gun range/store in Wi. Last time i was there this week, they just got in a fresh supply of .357/45. However I do not believe they ship. Might try ACME directly, believe they are also in Wi?

Metal God got it right with Everglades. I finally found some 9 mm there last week. Noticed a good stock of 38-357 but I cast my own.

Yeah I have a bunch of their bullets ( 9mm , 45acp , 44 , 38/357 , 223 & 308 ) . They're OK to good quality , nothing fantastic but shootable for sure. I just picked up 1200 just last month . Prices right now are way up compared to early last year and before . It seems they are pushing close to double what I had been paying in some instances . The one bullet I found to be sub-standard was their .308 - 147gr FMJ-BT . Mostly the cannelure placement is incredibly inconsistent . Sometimes it's berried in the case neck while other times it's fully exposed and everything in between . I called and complained and they offered to return them . I chose to keep them for the ZOMBIE's SHTF lol . It's times like these I like knowing I have 2k extra bullets even if they're not all that great .

Last edited:
I bought a 1000 of the 180 grain bullets last year for my 10 mm and they were exceptional in weight and size. And your right they are about 30% higher now than last year. I had same issue as you with some 223 bullets. OAL was different from bullet to bullet. Even seating with a comparater they were still off.
Seems like at this point a not so great bullet is better than none. All in all they have mostly decent bullets. I bought enough 9 mm just to check them out and going to order another batch to keep on hand.
I really would like to have some Imr 4831 powder but I’m going to sit back for awhile and Hope $60 a lb is not what I have to pay for it.

Back