.357/.38?

For the most part...

...yes.

Unless you have a Mateba. They require a recoil spring swap if you want to shoot .38's. ;)

Hey Tamara, have you posted a review of that Mateba yet? Been thinking about one just to impress the boys at the range. Hows the trigger, is it reliable, point well, the usual stuff. LAter.

NOT .22LR in .22 Mag.

Be very careful here, because the .22 Mag. (.22 WRM) is NOT the same case diameter as the .22 LR. It's larger, and thus you risk the very real possibility of splitting the LR case. All the "interchangable" .22 revolvers I've seen have a second cylinder for the Mag. round. Will the LR chamber and fire in a Mag. cylinder - yes, but it's not recommended, like the centerfire "interchangables".

My $0.02.

Doug444

Doug444 is absolutely correct.

Don't shoot .22 LR through a .22 Magnum revolver.

The .22 Mag. was developed as a lengthened version of the old .22 Winchester Rim Fire, which has been obsolete for many years (but runs are still made for those wanting to shoot their old Winchester Model 1890 rifles, etc.)

I've shot a lot of the 22 in the mag cylinder of my new model single six, never a problem.

However thanks for the heads up on the dangers of doing so. I didn't know that. I will immediately cease that practice.

Glad someone told me BEFORE a bad thing happened!!!!!!!

(I had always wondered why the extra cylinder instaed of just using the deeper bored one.)

The .38 Special +P+ was developed to be used only in revolvers chambered for the .357 Magnum. It is a "politically correct" round for police to use so they would not be shooting the "super power" .357, only the "plain old .38 Special". Hypocrisy is the name of the game.

Jim

Back